There’s nothing better than chili during the fall season!
2-3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
2-15.5 ounce cans of reduced sodium great northern beans (drained and rinsed)
1-15 ounce of sweet golden corn (drained and rinsed)
1-4.5 ounce can of chopped green chiles
1-32 oz. box organic chicken broth
1 medium sweet yellow onion (chopped)
3 garlic cloves (minced)
1 lime (juiced)
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
black pepper (to taste)
paprika (to taste)
Optional: plain Greek yogurt, chunky salsa, and reduced fat shredded cheese for topping
1. Place chicken breasts, Great Northern beans, corn, green chilies, chopped onion, minced garlic, and spices in the crockpot.
2. Add chicken broth and squeeze the juice of one lime over the mixture.
3. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
4. Before removing from crockpot, use two forks to shred the chicken. Stir ingredients thoroughly.
5. Serve with toppings as desired. I enjoyed mine with crushed multigrain tortilla chips, plain Greek yogurt and hot salsa!