1 cup walnuts
6 dates, pitted
2 ripe bananas
1 ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats
½ cup pumpkin and/or sunflower seeds
4 tablespoons chia seeds
1 teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons coconut oil
6 tablespoons raw cacao powder
2-3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
Pinch of unrefined sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 9×5 pan with parchment paper, allowing the paper to hang over the edges of the pan for easy removal.
2. Throw the walnuts into the food processor and process until you get a doughy crumble.
3. Add dates and bananas and process some more to get a smooth mixture. Then fold in the rest of ingredients and blitz a few times until everything is fully combined.
4. Transfer the mixture into the pan and press down into an even layer. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden around the edges. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
5. TO MAKE THE CHOCOLATE LAYER: Melt coconut oil over low heat.
6. Whisk in the cacao powder until completely dissolved. Add the maple syrup and sea salt and stir to combine. You should get a thick chocolate (If it’s not thick enough, add another spoonful of cacao powder).
7. Pour the melted chocolate on top of the baked granola and transfer to the fridge or freezer and let it set.
8. Remove after an hour, cut into bars and enjoy! Store leftovers in the fridge.